Immediate opening for Administrative Assistant. We are small south St. Louis office under 15 people. We have been in business over 37 years. Currently looking for someone who can help the growth of the company and be a team player. This is a very fast paced environment and not for the faint of heart! This position is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the day-to-day activities. Full time position – 40 hours per week. Hours are 7:15 am to 4:00 pm. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include vacation, medical, vision, dental and 401K plan.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a very fast paced environment…things change in a matter of minutes. Able to maintain composure and have a good attitude!
- The ability to multi-task is a MUST!
- Good personal characteristics include excellent attendance and reliability.
- Self-motivated – work independently but also be a team player.
- Strong attention to detail to create tickets for service calls, schedule and delivery of scales and related equipment.
- Organizational skills are an absolutely necessity with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Maintain electronic and paper calendars for all jobs and meetings.
- High level of computer proficiency including QuickBooks, Word, Excel, UPS World Ship and internet skills. Subject to skills testing at interview.
- Excellent telephone skills. This would include answering the telephone in a professional manner, field/screen calls and relay to the proper department.
- Verbal and written communication skills are a must! Candidate should be able to type, compose and edit correspondence and provide support to the Sales and Service Departments.
- Type, update, maintain and process all Inspection and Certification reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Assist in scheduling service calls, rental deliveries, pickups and calibration contracts.
- High level of confidentiality regarding company information and customer accounts
- Greet and assist customers upon arrival
- Maintain UPS/FedEx shipping account, help prepare shipments, weighing, dimensions, etc.
- General filing
- Previous office experience desired, but not required
- High school diploma
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime (Salary commensurate with experience)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Uniforms provided
- 401K Plan with employer contributions